Two scholarship supported Ph.D. projects in the broad area of geotechnical engineering are available from the UQ-IITD academy of research (https://www.uqidar.org/). Projects being offered:
- Utilization of Mining Wastes as Backfill Material for Mechanically Stabilized Earth (MSE) Walls
- Predictive modelling of settling and consolidation, and desiccation and rewetting of mine tailings
- Professor David Williams, Dr. Partha Mishra and Dr. Chenming Zhang (University of Queensland, Australia) and
- Assoc. Professor Bappaditya Manna (Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India)
i-student Scholarships (Indian, other international students are to apply through i stream)
Eligible i-students will be awarded a scholarship which includes:
- [at IITD] a monthly stipend of Rs 41000* in year 1 and Rs 45000* in years 3 and 4;
- [at UQ] an annual stipend of AUD $28,092* in year 2;
- a relocation grant of AUD $5,200* to support Delhi-Brisbane-Delhi travel; and
- overseas student health cover (single policy) for stay in Brisbane in year 2.
q-student Scholarships (Australian)
Eligible q-students will be awarded a scholarship which includes:
- an annual stipend of AUD $28,092*;
- a relocation grant of AUD $2,500* to support Brisbane-Delhi-Brisbane travel; and
- UQ travel insurance for up to 12 months in Delhi.
EOIs are due by 13th September 2020. Application round opens from 14 September – 18 October, 2020. Apply here: https://www.uqidar.org/students/how-to-apply/
For a preliminary assessment/ informal enquiry in relation to these two projects, you can reach me at email@example.com
Please feel free to share with anyone that may find this of interest.
Partha Mishra, Ph.D., M.Tech., B.Tech.
MISSMGE, MAGS, MIGS, AMASCE, AFHEA
Geotechnical Engineer, Klohn Crippen Berger Pty Ltd., Australia
Casual Academic, The University of Queensland, Australia
E: firstname.lastname@example.org. au | T: +61-449680784