Do you want to develop new energy solutions by using the subsurface? Then we need you on the team.
In the research group Formation Physics we use our expertise in geomechanics and rock physics to understand the subsurface. We combine experiments, field data, numerical and analytical modelling. We have significant activity within oil and gas and carbon storage and are pushing for new energy solutions such as subsurface energy storage and geothermal. We cooperate with other groups in SINTEF, national and international universities and research organizations, and industry partners.
Our most important research areas are geomechanics and rock physics for the understanding of stress, deformation, and failure in rocks, with applications in seismic interpretation, borehole stability during drilling and production, reservoir interpretation, sealing of CO2 and hydrogen storage, hydraulic fracturing, shale as a natural barrier, and storage of nuclear waste in clay or shale formations. We are also exploring new use of the subsurface. Our work involves both basic research with PhD education, applied research, and industry projects. We have advanced laboratories for testing of geomaterial under relevant field conditions
We are looking for a person who wants to work in our group in the field of geomechanics, preferably within numerical and analytical modelling. As a researcher you will have good opportunities for development in a strong scientific community, while also having the possibility of developing projects, managing research projects, and building your academic and industry network. You must hold an MSc or PhD in a relevant scientific discipline, such as a basic science (physics, mathematics) or an applied field (geoscience, petroleum technology). We are open to persons within a wide range of educations. Both newly graduated and experienced candidates could be suitable for the position based on an overall assessment. Women are encouraged to apply.
- Experience with geomechanical modelling
- Expertise in programming and development of numerical tools
- Interest in or relevant experience from the petroleum industry, CO2 storage, or other areas of applied geoscience/subsurface knowledge
- Experience from applied research.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is engaged, curious and ambitious
- Is self-driven, flexible, and eager to learn
- Cooperates well
- Likes both science, project development and sales.
- Exciting work and good cooperation in an international environment
- Good possibilities for professional and personal development in an organization where responsibility and initiative are highly valued
- Flexible working hours, salary based on qualifications, kindergarten for employees, and good pension and insurance schemes.
Does this seem interesting? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application!
Applications must be submitted through SINTEF’s hiring portal on our web page: Forsker/seniorforsker innen geomekanikk – SINTEF
Questions may be addressed to Andreas Berntsen (Research Manager), email@example.com