The 3rd International Conference on Tomography of Materials and Structures will be held in Lund, Sweden, 26th – 30th June 2017.
ICTMS 2017 is the 3rd biannual conference of IntACT (International Association of Computed Tomography) and will focus on the use of 3D tomographic methods for (non-medical) studies of the internal structures of materials and their evolution.
The ICTMS conference series started with the first conference in Ghent in 2013 and was followed by the second conference in Quebec City in 2015. ICTMS has its origins in two previous conference series, namely the GeoX and 3DIMS conferences. GeoX brought together practitioners of x-ray tomography in the field of geotechnical engineering, geomechanics, soil mechanics and rock mechanics with a series on conferences in Kumamoto (Japan, 2003), Aussois (France, 2006) and New Orleans (USA, 2010). 3DIMS (3D-imaging of materials and systems) conferences were held in Bordeaux, France, in 2008 and 2010 with a focus on the application of 3D imaging methods in material science.
ICTMS 2017 will bring together an international group of scientists, from universities, research organisations and industry, to discuss a broad range of issues related to 3D/4D tomographic imaging of materials and structures, including
• Tomography acquisition hardware, software and associated experimental set-ups
• In-situ and operando experiments
• “Standard” and novel modalities of tomographic imaging for material analysis (using diffraction, refraction, absorption… of x-rays, neutrons, electrons…)
• Tomographic reconstruction techniques
• 3D and 4D image analysis of material structures and their evolution
• Case studies including applications to further the understanding of materials, structures and processes.
In keeping with the GeoX origins of the conference there will dedicated sessions on the application of tomography to “geo” applications (geotechnical engineering, geomechanics, soil mechanics and rock mechanics) in addition to other material/domain-specific sessions.
More details can be found at: http://ictms2017.lth.se