The University of Dundee is seeking an exceptional candidate to join the Geotechnical Engineering research group within the Discipline of Civil Engineering.
Membership of the group includes the following key benefits:
– Opportunity to join a highly research-active and successful group (the group holds approx. £2M of active grants from EPSRC alone, plus EU, Industry and charitable funding);
– £3M Geotechnical centrifuge facility (including climate and earthquake simulation capabilities, and a robot for in-flight construction operations and load simulation);
– £2M Scottish Marine and Renewables Testing (SMART) lab, including a range of advanced soil element test facilities;
– Flexible appointment between Lecturer and Reader, depending on qualifications and experience.
The current research strengths of the group are:
– Offshore geotechnics (hydrocarbons, renewables and aquaculture);
– Geotechnical earthquake engineering;
– Soil-structure interaction;
– Novel foundation systems;
– Soil-vegetation interaction/Ecological engineering;
– Soil behaviour at high rates of strain and under dynamic loading conditions.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the continued development of our research activities in any of these areas, as well as having a commitment to excellence in teaching. The Geotechnics group runs a highly regarded MSc in Geotechnical Engineering which is heavily industrially-linked via significant external funding support from the Scottish Funding Council and SAIC (Scottish Aquaculture Innovation Centre).
Further particulars are ssen0069-geotechnics-final-fp-sept16. Applications should be submitted online at www.jobs.dundee.ac.uk (Reference Number SSEN0069). To further discuss the details of the post, informal enquiries may be directed to Dr Michael Brown (email@example.com; +44-1382-384354).