The 14th U.S. National Congress on Computational Mechanics (USNCCM14) will be held in Montréal, Canada, July 17-20, 2017 (http://14.usnccm.org/).
Within USNCCM14, we are organizing a Minisymposium “Computational Geomechanics”. We would like to invite you to participate in this minisymposium by presenting your recent research development. Topics of the MS include, but are not limited to:
- Constitutive models for soils and rocks
- Multi-physics, multi-scale geomechanics
- Discrete and continuum formulations for geomechanics problems
- Models for fluid induced fracture propagation
- Efficient solution algorithms and coupling of different solvers
- Uncertainty quantification for geomechanics problems
- Machine-soil interaction and applications to tunneling and subsurface engineering
- Wave propagation in soils and rocks
- Techniques to verify and validate geomechanical models at material-point and field-scale levels.
We would be grateful, if you could accept our invitation. The due date for the abstract submission is February 28, 2017. The organizers are WaiChing Sun, Columbia University; Ronaldo Borja, Stanford University; Günther Meschke, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany and Pania Newell, Sandia National Laboratorie.