The ALERT Doctoral School 2017 is entitled Discrete Element modeling. It will take place in Aussois, from 5th to 7th October, 2017. The school organisers are Gaël Combe (3SR Grenoble) and Stefan Luding (University Twente).
Lectures will be held on the first two days of the workshop and will include the following topics:
- Simulations (Molecular Dynamics, Event Driven, DEM basics)
- Advanced contact laws for DEM applications
- Contact Dynamics
- Good practice and sample preparation
- DEM applied to Soils Mechanics
- DEM applied to Rock Mechanics
- Granular rheology, granular matter, dense flows and micro-macro transition
- LBM method for Fluid/Grain coupling
On Saturday, these lectures will be followed up by 2 parallel sessions of practical computer exercises: for beginners and for experts.
The Lectures will be held by Gaël COMBE, Stefan LUDING, Jean-Yves DELENNE, Frédéric Victor DONZÉ, Vanessa MAGNANIMO, Christophe MARTIN, Farhang RADJAÏ, Vincent RICHEFEU and Anthony THORNTON.