Deadline for abstract submission for the “Coupled Phenomena in Environmental Geotechnics: from theoretical and experimental research to practical applications” (CPEG 2013) has been extended to August 31. The symposium is under the auspices of the “International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering” (ISSMGE – TC 215 (Environmental Geotechnics)) and will take place in Torino (Italy) 1st–3rd July 2013.
Abstracts can be submitted at http://www.tc215-cpeg-torino.org/uk/default.asp
The theme of the symposium and the main topics will be as follows:
– Landfill waste characterization;
– Stability and settlement analysis of landfills;
– Landfill bottom and side lining systems;
– Capping systems for landfills and polluted sites;
– Characterization of polluted sites and related aquifers;
– Active and passive barriers for polluted sites;
– Degradation, extraction and inerting systems for the reclamation of polluted sites;
– Radioactive waste disposal;
– Underground energy issues;
– Natural and anthropogenic bio-chemical processes within soils and rocks.