Shamsher Prakash Foundation solicits nomination (no application) for the “2012 SHAMSHER PRAKASH PRIZE FOR EXCELLENCE IN THE PRACTICE OF GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING” for young persons(45 years) primarily from practicing engineers from all over the world.
Nominations are invited so as to reach the Honorary Secretary on or before June 30, 2012. The candidates should be specialists in Geotechnical Engineering and/or Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering and it is necessary that they have significant independent contributions to practice and show promise of excellence. The Prize consists of US $1100.00 and a plaque. The nominations may be made on plain paper. The age may be relaxed in exceptional cases at the discretion of the judging committee.
All nominations will be reviewed by a Judging Committee of International Experts from Canada, China, Hong Kong, and United States. The award will be announced by October 31, 2012. Suitable arrangements will be made for awarding the Prize at an appropriate ceremony in the country of residence of the winner.
Please send only ONE complete nomination package in PDF format to the Foundation electronically and 1 CD-R by mail. The following information must be included in this order in each folder:
- Name of the Candidate with complete postal address and telephone, fax number, E-mail, date of birth, age on June30,2012
- Letter of Nomination including a statement of 500 words of the Significant Contributions and/or international impact on practice and future potential.
- Two to Four more letters of recommendation
- Chronology of education
- Chronology of jobs held
- Area of specialization
- Complete list of professional jobs completed with significant input and list of referred publications
- One 5″ x 7″ color digital photo with citation for listing, if winner
- Any other relevant information and/or international impact and future potential.
Please make sure to put all the above information in a single PDF file only not to exceed 5MB size.
For any other further information, please contact: Shamsher Prakash .