Minisymposium entitled Seismic Wave Analysis in Geomechanical Applications will take place at the ICNAAM 2013 (http://www.icnaam.org/) – 11th International Conference of Numerical Analysis and Applied Mathematics, Rhodes, Greece.
Organizers: Petia Dineva, Prof. , Maria Datcheva, Assoc. Prof., Institute of Mechanics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Acad. G. Bonchev, block 4, 1113 SOFIA, Bulgaria and Tom Schanz, Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil., Chair for Foundation Engineering, Soil and Rock Mechanics, Ruhr Universität Bochum, Gebäude IA 4/126 Universitätsstraße 150, 44780 Bochum, Germany
Email: petia(datcheva)@imbm.bas.bg and firstname.lastname@example.org
The Symposium is directed to the experts in seismic wave propagation modeling, development of high performance computational techniques for seismic wave analysis and soil-structure interaction problems and their engineering applications. The main aim of this symposium is to provide impetus, motivation and to bring together researchers working in the fields listed below by providing a forum for the academic exchange of ideas and recent research works. Contributions covering the main topics given bellow (but not limited to) are welcome:
- Seismic wave propagation in geological media taking into account the specific properties of the seismic source, inhomogeneous wave path and local region topography
- Modeling of soil-structure system seismic response.
- Efficient hybrid techniques based on analytical, semi-analytical and numerical computational schemes. Application of the hybrid methods for case study of real geological regions.
- Recent advances in software development for Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics purposes. Application of the developed software systems towards the mitigation of seismic risk.
- Design and assessment of earthquake resistant buildings, tunnels and bridges.