Within the Computing Centre for Geotechnical Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering of Zhejiang University (QS Ranking 2022: 45th) located at Hangzhou, China, we are looking for 5 highly motivated and enthusiastic Postdoctoral Research Fellows.
- Position 1: Piled foundations and applications in offshore engineering. The fellow will work on numerical simulations of close-ended and open-ended pile installations, improving the current design methods for determining the loading capacity of piles used in offshore geotechnical engineering. The position offers a great opportunity to collaborate with internationally recognized experts on piled foundations.
Collaborator: Prof. Zhongxuan YANG
- Position 2: Multiscale and multiphysics modelling of granular materials using hybrid methods and/or machine learning approaches. The fellow will work on FEM/DEM, SPH/DEM or LBM/DEM coupling approaches, develop deep learning approaches that can be applied to constitutive modelling of soils and geotechnical boundary value problems.
Collaborator: Dr Ning GUO
- Position 3: Computational geomechanics, simulation of earthquake processes, fossil energy extraction and carbon dioxide storage. The fellow will develop computational models and conduct numerical research in subsurface geomechanics for carbon geological storage. Particular emphasis will be put on characterizing and predicting the performance of caprocks subjected to Thermo-Hydro-Mechanical loadings.
Collaborator: Dr Fushen LIU
- Position 4: Innovative and advanced laboratory testing and characterizing mechanical properties of geomaterials. The fellow will conduct laboratory investigations to characterize the mechanical properties of geomaterials, and innovative experiments to reveal the mechanism from either micro- or macro-perspectives. Possible topics include but are not limited to soil liquefaction, soil dynamics, ground improvement, et al.
Collaborator: Dr Xiao WEI
- Position 5: Micromechanics of granular materials, constitutive modelling of soils, strain localisation of granular soils, numerical modelling of large-deformation geotechnical problems. The fellow will work on quantifying fabric evolution of granular materials under complex loadings using numerical simulation methods, construct micromechanics-informed constitutive relations and analyse large-deformation geotechnical problems involving strain localization.
Collaborator: Dr Chaofa ZHAO
For your application, you are welcome to choose one or more positions. Please send your application to Dr Chaofa ZHAO, firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is May 31, 2022.
For any questions, please feel free to contact Dr Chaofa ZHAO, email@example.com.
More information on this pdf file.