POSITION: Fixed term (3 years) Postdoctoral Research Fellow
FACULTY: School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, UTS
Base Salary Range: $112,310 to $132,925 pa (Level B), and this role attracts 17% superannuation (pension) in addition to the base salary.
About the role:
The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering is seeking a high-calibre candidate to work on a three-year project funded by the Australian Research Council Discovery Project “Modernise geotechnical investigation and analysis with deep learning” This role will work closely with the chief investigators on providing technical input to the project, supervising PhD students, and catalysing research outcomes. This role will contribute to developing the computational codes for all the algorithms and methods, including those related to machine learning methods, data assimilation, surrogate models for multiphase-multiphysics problems, Bayesian statistics and Bayesian optimisation. All these tasks require advanced technical knowledge and skills.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Conduct research on developing novel frameworks that integrate geotechnical investigation, soil models, data assimilation, and deep learning, to reduce the variability in geotechnical analyses and to rigorously quantify such variability for better risk control and decision making
• Generate high-quality research publications and project reports
• Assist in the supervision of HDR candidates and capstone projects
As a Postdoctoral Research Fellow, you will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. To be successful in this role you will take responsibility for initiating and delivering research in relation to the research project activities. You will have demonstrated experience in geo-risk analysis and machine learning methods and knowledge of geomechanics and risk analysis. Other requirements will include:
• PhD in Civil Engineering or a related field
• Strong record of research achievement / publication track record.
Please apply through the link before Tuesday, 11th April 2023 at 11.59pm (AEST)