The Yade DEM open-source software development team is excited to announce the Yade Short Course on “Tackling Challenging DEM Problems”, a satellite event to the DEM9 conference, where you will have the opportunity to enhance your knowledge and skills in discrete element modeling.
This hands-on course will provide in-depth tutorials on pore-scale networks, fluid & thermal couplings, and non-spherical particles, and it will take place over the three days preceding the DEM9 conference, during 15-17 September 2023 at the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg in Erlangen, Germany.
Below is an overview of the syllabus:
Day 1: Introduction
- Introduction to DEM, Yade, and Python
- Hands-on installation and Python scripts
Day 2: Fluid & Thermal couplings
- Theory on grain-fluid mixtures, long and short-range effects, and pore-scale triangulation
- Hands-on session: Building a poroelastic script
- Brief machine learning exercise: Training a deep surrogate
Day 3: Non-spherical particles
- Clumps, potential blocks, potential particles
- Hands-on session: Exploring particle-shape effects
Registration for the course is now open, and we encourage you to secure your spot as soon as possible. The registration fees are as follows:
- DEM9 Participant: €300
- Non-DEM9 Participant: €500
- DEM9 Participant: €900
- Non-DEM9 Participant: €1,100
To register, please fill out the Registration Form before the deadline on September 7th, 2023. If you have any questions or require further information, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com and to review the attached PDF Flyer.